Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sometimes

You just need a little perspective. I feel like I just wrote about perspective a couple posts ago, but I feel like it's something that I lose too often. The perspective I've realized recently is how good I've got it.

So, I go to school and live in San Jose California. Sounds like a random place, and let me tell you, it is. I honestly had never heard of here until I applied here in fall of 2009. But then, I took a tour of the school. The school is right in the middle of down town. It's an awesome campus that is sadly under an extreme amount of construction right now, but that's beside the point. Anyways, I was driving around down town the other day running my petty errands that must get run when I really started to notice the city around me. It's not the cleanest but it sure is pretty. It's beautifully chaotic if you will.

If you start in the middle of campus and head east, you will eventually reach my house. I live in what is known as Naglee Park. Naglee is a quaint little neighborhood that is seriously awesome! If you head north or south of campus you will eventually reach more neighborhoods. These neighbor hoods aren't necessarily the cleanest or safest of downtown. And, if you head west you run into big buildings. The random kinds and the important kinds. I've always wondered who works in those buildings, I guess I'll have to adventure one day and see. But, basically what I am saying is San Jose is full of good and bad, nice and not so nice, and fortunate and not so fortunate. I live in a city that is hurting, and thirsty for love, but doesn't realize it. We have had shootings and stabbings this semester off campus and on campus. I take it for granted how good I have it when I'm cooped up in my house all day. I forget that just 3 blocks away someone is cold out on the street. I take it for granted that I live with 7 other girls-7 other friends- while people all over this city are alone. I guess this post is just me rediscovering  how great I have it compared to other people who live in this city. But hey it's a realization that sometimes, I need to keep making. Because although I may be stressed out about homework or what ever my week has in store for me, I need to realize that I don't have it half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment